How to extend battery phone or tablet
When assessing the power consumption of a tablet or smartphone, in General, it is not so important what operating system is installed on it: iOS, Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry. Or who is the manufacturer of this device: Sony, Nokia, Samsung, HTC or it's iPhone, iPad from Apple, etc...
To all mobile devices, applies a simple statement of the life battery: the broader the feature set is a modern pocket PC, the most of the burden forced to carry his battery.
And if you think that the battery of your smartphone or tablet is discharged much faster than we would like, we offer you to consider a few simple and effective rules, compliance with which will significantly extend its battery life.
10 general points for extended life battery of phone or tablet
- Adjust the brightness of the screen. Reducing the brightness of the display to the optimum level can significantly extend the battery life of the device. This can be done using the special settings in the menu. Over time, you will learn how to quickly adjust the brightness of the screen under ambient light conditions. Would be important to establish the optimal screen timeout after a period of inactivity of the device.
Disable unused features. Do not forget to disable in your gadget wireless modules that you do not intend to use at the moment. This applies to GPS navigation systems, Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi. In extreme cases, extend the battery life of the smartphone will help temporarily disable all on-Board radio modules (including cellular communication). To do this, the gadgets have a preset mode "on the plane".
- Optimize receiving Push notifications. If your smartphone or tablet has such an option, disable the Push notification service or at least reduce the frequency of monitoring by the gadget of mail servers, social sites and other similar resources. Instead of automatically polling your servers, enable manual check for updates and messages when you need them.
- Give preference to Wi-Fi technology. If the situation allows, use Wi-Fi to access the Internet, not cellular networks. You will need to connect to your home or office wireless network. You can also use the free access point Wi-Fi networks, located in places of public power, airports and the lobbies of hotels. It is known that the work in Wi-Fi networks is less burdensome for the battery of the smartphone than the Internet connection using cellular 3G/4G-technologies.
- Don't forget about the lock screen. Lock your e-friend's screen when you're not going to use it. In this case, you can receive incoming calls and messages without the risk of accidentally calling your friend or boss in the middle of the night, inadvertently clicking on the screen of the gadget in your pocket or purse.
- Use resource-intensive applications selectively. It's no secret that the battery of mobile devices discharges faster when watching videos or playing multiplayer games than when reading e-books or writing text messages and notes. No less burdensome for the battery is working in multitasking mode, if, for example, while surfing the web you are listening to background music.
- Selectively use demanding applications. Properly close and verify that the applications you have finished working with are disabled. The fact that the majority mobile programs from which you are trying to go, just go into background mode, continued use of resources of the battery and the smartphone. For example, if you double-click the Home button on your iPhone, you'll see a list of all currently active apps at the bottom of the screen.
- Observe the temperature regime. If you want to extend the life of all the blocks and elements of your gadget (including the battery), try not to leave it in places with critical temperature levels. For example, do not put your device on a hot Sunny day on the dashboard of the car and do not leave it in the car for the whole long and frosty winter night. The most favorable for the operation of the smartphone is the temperature range from 0 ºC to 35 ºC.
- Update the software regularly. Try to use the latest update of the operating platform of your device (it is often called "firmware"), as engineers of companies developing software for gadgets are constantly working on the problem of reducing their power consumption. You can get the latest updates directly to your device using a Wi-Fi network, or connect to a desktop using a USB cable.
Use an additional battery. Power bank (or portable charger) is a storage of energy that can power gadgets in the absence of a power outlet. Portable external batteries have become a real boon and a salvation for modern users, because with their help you don’t need to worry about low battery power of the gadget when you actively use it.